17 Things I’m Thankful for This Thanksgiving
- For my family’s health-No matter what else happens during the year, I am always so thankful that my family is healthy!
- My husband is doing so well in medical school. 2nd year for us seems to be the hardest so far! He is getting a great GPA and I’m so thankful for his hard work this year
- We can pay our bills. If there is one thing I have learned during our time in medical school, it’s that if you are able to pay your bills, you are very blessed. Med students and their wives are forced to keep their budgets tight during school, being able to pay your bills is such a blessing.
- Thankful for the amazing weather this fall in Arizona! November and December are beautiful in Arizona! It’s no secret why there is a wave of baby boomers who come out here this time of year.
- My adorable two cats—I know that cats aren’t for everyone, so hear me out! My cats, Batty and Fred are the cuddliest, friendly cats you will ever meet. They love to talk to us and always want to be held or lay on our laps!
- Social media! When I moved away from family two years ago, I really struggled being away from family. The biggest blessing is that social media allows me to see what’s going on and still be involved in their lives.
- I am thankful for my husband, for many many reasons! He isn’t perfect, but he is always there, always forgives me and always pushes me to move forward.
- This past year, my cooking skills have drastically improved. I am learning to experiment in my meals, adjust the ratios, and memorize what spices work best with what foods
- Thankful for the possibilities in life. Knowing that things will not always be as they are now. That we have a bright future ahead of us!
- Contentment. Thankful that while I have dreams and goals for the future, I am content where I am. I love our small apartment, I love binge watching tv shows in our downtime, I love working through life together.
- Air conditioning! Seriously, this summer was one of the hottest on record in Arizona! Couldn’t thank the Lord enough this summer for air conditioning!
- Christmastime. Christmas is always a time where I can push away the bad, and focus on the good. Every year, I am so thankful for Christmas. Everyone becomes more generous, loving and compassionate!
- Thankful for the small things in life. The big things don’t come fast or easily. But the little things; small kindnesses, generous giving, little encouragement, these things make each day so much better.
- Honestly, I’m thankful for Netflix. My husband has to study a lot, which means I spend a good amount of time binge watching Netflix!
- I’m thankful that I get to live in this country, yes there is a lot of anger and frustration separating us, we still live in a wonderful place with so many opportunities!
- One more time…my husband, for the sacrifices he makes, for dealing with my craziness, and for loving me through it all!
- For a God that forgives us for our mistakes. It has been a rough year! Bad mistakes, doubt, disappointment, worry, but through it all, God loves us and forgives us! What a blessing that is!
And I am thankful for all of you! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!