If you like trying new things, this recipe is for you! Let me start by stating this as clearly as I can…. you need to like tuna to like this recipe. Warm tuna is a texture and taste that is very unique and specific. If you don’t like tuna or have a mild liking of it, be weary before trying this.
The ingredients on their own are good and what you would expect in a sandwich melt. I honestly believe the only thing that would make you not like this sandwich is the consistency or the warm tuna taste. But its always worth trying, so I recommend it!
Overall, I would say that while this is not my favorite recipe, its not bad at all! Like I mentioned before, this recipe is perfect for any tuna lover! So give it a shot and let me know what you think!
Here are the ingredients you need per Chrissy Teigens Cookbook and photos with instructions on how to cook it.
- 2 (5 ounce) Cans of water packed tuna (drained)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 slices white country bread
- 6 slices vine-ripened-tomatoes
- 6 cheddar cheese slices
If you try it, let me know what you think in the comments!
Recipe Review is from Chrissy Teigens Cravings Cookbook.