I am always on board for a good BLT! Some good, thick bacon, crisp green lettuce and juicy tomatoes…. always a good idea! This is a classic recipe that takes very little time but gives you a huge reward! I was so excited for today’s recipe review because it comes with a small twist — herb mayo. And while I am a huge fan of classic mayo in a blt, I think an herb mayo will be just what these sandwiches need!
On to my review of these sandwiches. First of all, like I mentioned earlier, so easy to make. Perfect for nights that you don’t want to spend hours cooking. Let’s start with the herb mayo. You can and should make this ahead of time so it has time to sit in the fridge. Seriously it’s the herb mayo that makes this BLT Sandwich. It brings a richness and so much flavor to the BLT. I was honestly planning on my husband hating this sandwich, he loves a good classic BLT. But this herb mayo was a hit with both of us. The flavors complimented each other so well and just really ramped up a classic. The full recipe can be found in the Magnolia Table Cookbook by Joanna Gaines.
- Black Pepper
- Thick Country Bread
- Vine Tomatoes
- Let's start with the herb mayo! 1 Cup of mayo, black pepper, salt, paprika, chives, parsley, and dill. Mix together and set in the refrigerator. It's recommended for 2 hours, but I only had it in there a half hour and it tasted great!
- Set the oven to 400 degrees and place the bacon on a baking sheet. Set in the oven for 15-20 minutes. My husband doesn't like the bacon super crispy so it was only in there about 15 minutes before I took it out. Place on paper towels so the grease can come off the bacon.
- Place small amounts of mayo on each side of the country bread and toast until golden brown.
- Once both sides are toasted, place on a plate and begin assembling.
- Place a good tablespoon of the herb mayo on each slice. Add the bacon, tomato, lettuce and salt and pepper.
- Place the sides together to create two sandwiches. Cut in half and serve as halves!