Chicken Salad Sandwiches just hit the spot on a warm Saturday afternoon. Add it with a good glass of Arnold Palmer and you have the perfect lunch! Let me preface this by saying that when I assembled our sandwiches I did not add the lettuce/tomato. Mainly because the chicken salad was so good I felt it didn’t feel that it needed anything else, and I prefer my sandwiches without the lettuce and tomato. This sandwich is pretty standard when you look across the board at chicken salads, except for one ingredient – chives. The chives add that punch of flavor that really takes this chicken salad to the next level. These sandwiches are super easy to throw together and should be your next meal as we head into fall!
Overall Review: 5/5
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- 5 Cups Shredded meat from rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 Cups Halved red grapes
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced green onions or chives
- 1 1/4 Cups Mayonnaise
- Black Pepper
- 12 Small Croissants
- 6 Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
- Combine chicken, grapes, pecans, chives in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Cover and chill until cold — About 1-2 hours
- Serve on croissants. Add tomato and lettuce for an additional punch.