Hey y’all! Another fall day, another apple recipe! When fall hits, I am cooking all things apple and this recipe did not disappoint! It’s from Southern Living, a favorite of mine as all the recipes are amazing! These muffins did not take long to make and had a great flavor profile. My only suggestion to this would be that you may want to incorporate another 1/2 cup of apples. I like chunky muffins with lots of apple bites and feel like another 1/2 cup would have made the perfect muffin! Overall though, they are the perfect fall breakfast item and I highly recommend them!
Overall Review: 4.7/5
- 1 1/2 cup Diced Apples
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with spray
- In a medium bowl mix the apples and granulated sugar and set aside
- In a large bowl — Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Stir milk, butter, vanilla and eggs in the apple mixture
- Add apple mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Evenly pour into muffin cups
- Bake for 18 minutes until a wooden pick inserted to center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins to wire rack and let cool.
- Serve with butter and enjoy!