After cooking a big meal its nice to be able to make a quick and easy dessert! These easy pecan sticky buns are the perfect dessert for a busy night. The entire process from start to finish took about 25 minutes and 18-20 of that was cooking in the oven! Now let me preface this review by stating these are easy pecan sticky buns, but they are not perfect.
I found that the glaze didn’t thicken up near what it needed too and a lot of it stayed in the pan no matter what I did. Because you are flipping these pecan sticky buns at the end, the glaze needed to thicken up a bit more to transfer to the plate. I tried to pull up as much as I could with a spoon and stick it on top of the buns but it definitely wasn’t perfect. However, they tasted pretty darn good for a quick dessert option!
Overall Review: 3.5/5
My overall review of these pecan sticky buns is that they are great if you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking. But they are no where near the real thing. The glaze is very thin and doesn’t transfer well after cooking. But if you transfer as much as you can with a spoon the sticky buns actually taste good! Don’t knock them until you try them but go into making them with reasonable expectations! If you decide to try them, comment below and post pictures!
Easy Pecan Sticky Buns
- 1 8 Count tube of crescent rolls
- 6 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 6 tsp Water
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 365 degrees
- Spray a muffin tin pan with non stick spray
- Open the crescent rolls and roll them up individually. Then cut 6 of them in half and 2 of them into thirds (see pictures below).
- In each of your 6 muffin openings, add 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp water, 1/2 tbs butter and 1 tbsp of pecans. Try to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Pace 2 of the half crescents to each side of the muffin openings. They should flank each side. Then place 1 of the 6 smaller pieces in the middle between the two larger crescent roll pieces. (see pictures below)
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and brown sugar mixture is bubbling. Let sit in pan for 1-3 minutes before removing. Serve immeditely and enjoy!