I haven’t had a ton of pregnancy cravings, but these Starbucks Blueberry Muffins sounded AMAZING so I had to make them. These are moist, flavorful, full of blueberries and have a nice crunch with the extra topping. The only downfall to these is I followed the topping recipe. It didn’t feel like there was enough butter to make the crumbles correctly. I added some more butter to make it work, but the proportions seemed a bit off. Once there was another 2-3 tbsp of butter I was able to get a thicker crumble that I was looking for. The end result and taste was great though, so you may have to play with the butter proportions depending on how you like your crumble.
The base of the blueberry muffin is phenomenal though! I really think its the sour cream add in that makes this muffin so moist and yummy. That cup of sour cream getting folded in and then gently folding in the flour is whats key. As long as you don’t overwork the mixture you should be good to go. As far as cooking time goes, I have a 1 year old stove and it took about 20-23 minutes to get these muffins to a golden brown top/edge and a fully cooked center. Personally, I like to start at 15 minutes, check the muffins and then add by 3-5 minutes until completed. This eliminates the chance that I will accidentally burn the muffins, which would suck after all the work you put in.
Overall Review: 4.5/5
I think if the crumble proportions were a bit better this would be a 5/5 recipe. Since things have to be adjusted a bit I did knock a few points off the review. But the overall flavor and taste of these Starbucks Blueberry Muffins is phenomenal! You should absolutely make these the next time you get that muffin craving. If you are interested in more recipe reviews head over to our review page here: Cultivate Confidence Reviews.
Copycat Starbucks Blueberry Muffins
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter softened I need an extra 2-3 tbsp
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen(defrosted and drained)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line/spray muffin pan
- Add all topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix with a fork until they are in crumbles. I had to add extra butter to the original recipe to make good crumbles
- In a large bowl add eggs and beat with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes until thick and frothy.
- Mix in sugar and oil and mix until creamy and combined
- Add vanilla, vinegar, baking soda and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon mix in the sour cream and then the flour. Mix until combined, batter will be lumpy but don't overwork it.
- Fold in blueberries. Be gentle so they don't break!
- Bake for 15- 23 minutes. Start with 15 and check every 5 minutes so you don't overcook them. Top should have golden brown edges and middle should be clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Cool on a baking rack and serve.