Every once in a while I get in the mood for some stuffed mushrooms. Personally, I love stuffed mushrooms that have cheese in them, always a crowd-pleaser! But for those like my husband who can’t handle cheese or just don’t like cheese; this is the stuffed mushroom recipe to go to! This recipe is super easy and doesn’t take long to do! It is best utilized as an appetizer but it’s great for dinner as well! If you try the recipe let me know your thoughts below!
Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 Jalapeno
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 pkg Hot & Spicy Ground Sausage
- 2 pkg Baby Mushrooms
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Finely chop onion, jalapeno, and celery stalks and combine in a bowl
- Using a small pan on medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the sausage
- Once the sausage is cooked combine with the veggies in the bowl and transfer back to the small pan
- Let the ingredients simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- On a large baking sheet — place all the mushrooms (stems gone) with distance between them
- Take 1-2 tbsps of olive oil and lightly coat the mushrooms
- Using a spoon, take your sausage mixture and stuff the mushrooms. I normally have fallout and I let that cook regardless. Always good to have more mix!
- Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until tops of mushrooms look wrinkly
- Remove and serve!