Chocolate Chip cookies are a staple in our house. I mean they are iconic in general, but seriously I think it’s the only cookie my husband actually likes. Of all the cookies that I have made, these cookies are always a safe bet. I love this particular recipe because they are just slightly different than your average chocolate chip cookie. Between no regular sugar and sea salt instead of table salt, the taste of these cookies is sweeter and honestly just so much better! Joanna’s instructions are clear and concise making it easier to bake and get to the end result!
Another thing I loved about these cookies is that each one came out the same, each one tasted great and the batch made quite a few cookies. I’ve tried quite a few recipes where ingredients didn’t mix well or the batches turned out different. This one was very consistent and each cookie was great! Out of all the chocolate chip cookies I’ve made, so far this is my favorite version! Easy to do and the taste is incredible! These are the perfect addition to any family dinner, group gathering, or just a treat for Saturday night. Overall, I would give these a solid rating and would highly suggest getting her book and trying them out! You can get her book at this link: Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines.
Overall Review: 5/5
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 tbsp Butter ie. 1 stick
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix flour, baking sode and sea salt together in a small bowl
- Mix butter and brown sugar together. I'd recommend remembering to sit it out and let it get to room temperature. I was too impatient and it took forever to mix together correctly! WAIT!
- Using a hand mixer, add in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract
- Toss the dry flour mixture into the liquid mixture and combine.
- Once thoroughly combined add the chocoalte chips. I only do about a cup to a cup and a half because I don't like a ton of chocoalte in the cookies.
- Scoop into spoonfuls, stick on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes
- I prefer to serve them warm out of the oven with a glass of cold milk! Enjoy!