Ya’ll this flatbread pizza turned out so good! The flavors complimented each other perfectly, it was easy to make and even my husband loved it! This is one of those recipes that will continue to be in my rotation.
A few tips from my experience. The amount of cheese mixture that is called for is pretty thick and for those who aren’t huge cheese lovers it’s a bit too much. For the non cheese lovers in your family, only put half the cheese mixture on the flatbread and save the other half for another flatbread. That amount of cheese was perfect for my husband. Brought all the flavors that you needed to pull together the meal without the overwhelming cheese taste. But for those who love cheese, I suggest lathering the whole mixture on there as it really has an amazing taste to it! Additionally, I would error on the side of more prosciutto and potatoes than less. It adds to the quality of the flatbread and the thinner your potatoes the better your pizza will be.
This definitely is more of an appetizer or light lunch. I would highly recommend making at least two flatbread pizzas if you are cooking for two. That or pair it with another food item so you get filled up. Overall, I would highly recommend this flatbread pizza as it is easy to make and the taste is well worth your time! If you cook this recipe let me know how it goes below! You can get this recipe and more in Joanna Gaines book Magnolia table by clicking here.
Overall Review: 5/5
- Red Potatoes
- Garlic Clove
- All-Purpose Flour
- Heavy Cream
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Flatbread Crust
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a medium pot with salted water until it boils
- Add in the potatoes for 6-8 minutes. Then drain and let cool. Once cool, cut into thin slices.
- In a small saucepan, heat a tablespoon of butter until melted.
- Add garlic and let brown.
- Add two tablespoons of flour and whisk with the butter and garlic
- Once combined, add a cup of heavy cream and whisk together.
- Once combined, add a cup of Gorgonzola cheese and whisk until melted and combined.
- Take off heat and sit aside
- On a baking sheet lay parchment or foil down. Then place your flatbread down and add a small amount of oil and spread on the flatbread
- Take the cheese mixture you set aside and spread across the flatbread. Make as even as possible.
- Lay 4-6 pieces of prosciutto onto the flatbread.
- Add the sliced potatoes, some under the prosciutto and on top of the prosciutto.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and cook for 15 minutes
- Add five basil leaves to the top of the flatbread.
- Cut into four slices and serve immediately!