It FINALLY feels like summer in Pittsburgh(or every other day does)! There is some heat again and that makes me crave summer foods! This Baja Grilled Flank Steak Salad sounded amazing so I decided to give it a shot! It’s super easy to make and takes very little time and effort. Perfect for the warm summer days ahead!
Overall Review: 4.2/5
The salad is easy to make and the steak seasoning is really good. I would go light on the romaine lettuce and add as necessary. The biggest suggestion I have with salads like this is to make sure that you get a bunch of ingredients in every bite. It makes the salad taste great and helps you avoid that bland lettuce taste! Its absolutely worth a shot and would be great for those days when you don’t want to spend hours cooking.
Baja Grilled Flank Steak Salad
- Chipotle Chile Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Flank Steak
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Romaine Wedges
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cotija Cheese
- Add cumin, chile powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix spices and rub onto steak
- Add lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and black pepper to a bowl and whisk to create your dressing.
- Let your steak sit for 10-15 minutes with the rub on it
- Put the steak on a medium-hot grill. I put it on for about 10 minutes and it was nice and pink.
- Once the steak is done, set it aside. Letting it rest is important so don't skip this step!
- Add romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cheese, avacado and corn to the lettuce.
- Cut your steak into bite size pieces and add to salad
- Finally add the dressing and toss!