This past Sunday, my pastor did a nontraditional Easter sermon. He spoke about how we are all created with this innate desire to seek adventure, to see what’s behind that door, to see what’s beyond that mountain. As kids we are so excited to try new things, to see what would happen if we went down that trail in the woods, if we went just a little further down the beach, if we climbed up that rock. We craved adventure and craved seeing things we’ve never seen before. But somewhere along the way, we lost this sense of adventure. We lost our desire to explore and try new things, because we are busy and set in our routines.
We sit on the couch every weekend binge watching Netflix, cleaning the house, or doing chores we pushed off during the week. But we don’t do anything new, we don’t step outside our comfort zone and explore. Nothing happens outside of the one to two vacations we take each year. We accept a life where we only explore and try new things two times a year. But what if we just tried one new thing a week? What if you just took two hours out of your weekend to do something that excites you, that challenges you, that makes you feel like a kid again?
So today, I want to go over 5 Adventures you can try this weekend!
- Skydiving! This is a bucket list item. If you are like me and have always wanted to go, get out of your comfort zone and do it! There are always skydiving deals on Groupon and you can get videos/pictures of you doing this amazing bucket list item! If you are scared to try it, think about it this way; when you are in a plane flying to vacation, you are always looking out the window in awe of what’s below. It’s such a unique sight, and skydiving gives you a chance to see the world from a whole new view and with the trill of having nothing beneath your feet!
- Go to a New Sporting Event! I am not a fan of basketball, I’ve been to a couple games with my dad as a kid, but it was never my favorite sporting event. But an opportunity arose for me to go to a Phoenix Suns game this week with people from my work. Did I hop on a chance to experience a new venue and a new team that I’d never seen before? Absolutely! You will only regret the things you didn’t do! See what sporting events are happening in your area and experience something you’ve never seen before!
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – These rides offer amazing views of your city, or the city you are visiting. I have heard nothing but wonderful things from everyone who has been on one of these rides! You have to pay a little more than usual for these, but they are such a unique experience. Most people go on dates on the weekend anyways, why not make this date one you will never forget?! The best rides are first thing in the morning, so you can see the city wake up right before your eyes! (By the way the best place to get deals on Hot Air Balloon Rides is Groupon)
- Hike a Trail/Mountain – There are trails or mountains to climb everywhere in the world. No area has a shortage of outdoor spaces to explore. Try a hike that is a little more challenging but offers amazing views, don’t sell yourself short on what you can do and see! In Arizona there are hikes surrounding each area of Phoenix, but if you travel two hours north, there are unbelievable views from the hikes in Flagstaff. Take a quick minute and go to trails.com to find hikes in your area! All it requires is your time and energy!
- Concerts/Shows– I know for a fact there are concerts/shows every month in every area of the country! It may not be your favorite artist, or the circus in town, but there is something! Go see that new Broadway show, or see Pitbull live! (my husbands dream concert) Go see a local play or go to a bar with live music and see what talent is all around you! Enjoy seeing new things with friends or your significant other, there is so much creative talent if you just go out and find it. If you are really adventurous head out to Nashville for some of the best local live shows around! 😉
Adventure awaits you!