Quarantined. Social Distancing. Whatever case you are facing during this COVID-19 Pandemic, here are some ideas to try and keep yourself sane. At least semi-sane!
1.Take Care of Yourself
From my time working from home I can attest that you need to get up, take a shower, get ready just like you would any other day. If you don’t you will slide into depression and frustration faster than you would believe. Since these quarantines last 2 weeks minimum, I highly recommend you exercise this and don’t let it go! Below are some self care ideas if you can’t think of any.
- Peel Off Gold Mask
- Self Manicure
- Order a New Book
- Shop Small (See below)
- Cook a meal or dessert just for you!
2. Board Games
This is my go to at home activity. I absolutely love board games and I think it brings families together in the best way possible. I’ve linked a couple of my favorites here in case you are looking for some options!
3. Sign up for something outside your comfort zone.
This is a great option for those who are goal oriented or have a lot of pent up energy. Sign up for a new class, all of these have online options, as well as local classes once the quarantine is over!
- 5K Walk or Run – Get out and start running in preparation for the event!
- Martial Art Classes – Join an in-line martial art class and then keep it up once we can stop self isolating.
- Sip & Paint Class – Grab a glass of wine and a Bob Ross YouTube video and enjoy!
- Beginners Cooking Class – There are so many beginners cooking videos! Pick a food you’ve been wanting to eat and learn how to cook it!
4. Plan a trip for later in 2020!
The tourism company is taking a huge hit right now. Don’t be scared to make travel plans for the later half of 2020. They will need all the business to get back up and running. A few notes as you look for vacation options.
- It’s okay to utilize the lower prices for airlines and hotels
- Visit small businesses and promote them/purchase items to keep them afloat – Online gift cards are an amazing idea! Especially small businesses in the area your traveling to!
- Take the plunge on the trip you’ve always wanted to take. Don’t be scared of getting sick, take a chance and travel big!
5. Organize Organize Organize
This is my least favorite thing to do, not going to lie. But you are at home and have the time. Just take the time to organize your home and then you are done! Everything will be done and you can move on to another, more fun idea. Plus you will psychologically feel better with a clean home and it will keep you calm as the day start running together.
6. Crafting and Gifting
I’m a believer that if you have the crafting gene and enjoy doing it, you should do it and help others through your gifts! Go down to storage and find broken, leftover craft materials and create new items for the elderly in nursing homes. Anything to brighten their day! If you sew, sew masks for those at the hospital that need them or blankets for the newborns in the ICU. Whatever your craft is, use it to help those in their time of need.
7. Learn a new activity.
There are more YouTube videos than you would believe with all kinds of tricks you can learn! One of my favorite things is looking up new cooking techniques and trying them out. I learned how to cut an onion a lot easier this way. Some fun ideas are listed below:
- Cooking Shows – Learn New Techniques and Recipes
- Learn a New Language – I’ve stopped and started learning French so many times I can’t count. Definitely a fun option if you are bored at home!
- New workout techniques! I am really interested in barre and there are some at home barre videos you can try. Why not give some new at home workouts a try.
- Makeup – There are hundreds, if not thousands of makeup artists on YouTube. Find a couple you like and learn some new techniques. Always something new to learn! I’m not very good at makeup so a couple videos would certainly be beneficial
- Hair Tutorials- Find a YouTuber with similar hair type to your own and learn some new techniques! You can carry these with you post quarantine and if they don’t turn out good no one will see them since you are home alone.
8. Start a Side Hustle
That side hustle that you’ve always wanted to try? Why not try now? You have more time than you ever thought possible. So you might as well embrace it and make the most of the situation. Plus there are a lot of materials being offered free for the next 2 months, take advantage of this time!
- Start a YouTube series
- Start a Blog
- Start a real business plan for the small business you’ve dreamed of doing
- Research, research research. It’s not like you don’t have the time!
Seriously, YOU ARE HOME. Why not get your garden, backyard, flowerbed all set up and ready to go? It doesn’t require hanging out with anyone else and it gets you the fresh air that you desperately need during this time!
10. Shop Small
Y’all know that our small businesses community is really struggling right now. So if you have some extra cash and want to support your local small businesses, now is the time! Buy a gift card, order takeout, buy some gifts for birthdays/Christmas now, or update your wardrobe. However you can, please help, they need it now more than ever before. I listed a couple of my favorites below!
What are you doing to stay occupied during this time?? Let me know below!