Seriously, these beef and mushroom skewers are PHENOMENAL. It’s 100% the marinade and the butter you place on top. They just take the flavor profile to the next level. My husband and I loved them and devoured almost the entire thing, this recipe is one that I will definitely add to our rotation. These skewers are super easy to make and would be perfect for a weeknight where you want something tasty and easy. I personally paired these with some grilled corn on the cob and it was the perfect meal.
There is a caveat I want to make about the soy and scallion butter. For one, I cannot find scallions anywhere! Pandemic issue or is everyone buying scallions?! I ended up substituting for chives since I couldn’t find any scallions. Additionally, I felt like the butter didn’t mix well and I couldn’t get it smooth enough. What I did instead was so heat up the mixture and use it more as a marinade/spread to use after the kabobs had been cooked. I was still able to get a great amount of flavor and it was far easier to spread. The recipe originally calls for you to dip the kabobs into the butter mixture but that just wasn’t going to work when I made them.
Overall Review: 5/5
I highly recommend you try this recipe, it was easy to make and the taste was amazing. Beef and mushroom skewers can be paired with any number of sides and would be a crowd pleaser if you have guests over. Be aware that when meat is cut small like this it gets cold fast, you will want to serve and eat these pretty quickly so you get the full effect. If you decide to cook these, please let me know what you think in the comments below!
If you are interested in other recipe reviews click here: Recipe Reviews.
Beef and Mushroom Skewers with Soy and Scallion Butter
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 pd) Sirloin Steak cut into 3/4 inch pieces About 24
- 24 Button or cremini mushrooms (or what you can find) 12 oz of mushrooms
- 8 tbsp Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 Small Scallions (if you can find them, I had to sub with chives)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. On your skewers alternate the meat and mushrooms until you are out. Arrange on a baking sheet and evenly marinate the olive oil mix on all pieces on the skewers. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium heat and grill until about medium in temperature (or whatever you prefer). Transfer to platter and let rest for a few minutes. Right before serving add the butter mixture on top of the skewers (you can dip but spreading on top worked amazing for me). Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl and use a fork to combine butter, scallions, garlic and soy sauce until smooth