Now that I have a baby, easy dinners are where its at! I never understood the need for moms to have easy dinners to make until these last few weeks with my newborn. Tasty but easy dishes are a gold mine for moms. This chicken meuniere is an easy and tasty dish that is perfect for a weeknight. There are not a lot of steps to this meal and the dish was very tasty and light. Chicken Meuniere is lightweight yet tasty and the sauce added a fresh aspect to the dish.
I will say that I had to make a couple changes to the recipe just based on how the cooking was going. The recipe didn’t say to drain any remaining liquid from the pan before making the sauce but there was too much so I omitted the extra olive oil. I very well could have done something wrong, but that was my experience. The blend of flavors in this Chicken Meuniere was excellent and really made the dish stand out.
Overall Review: 4.8/5
If you are busy and looking for a meal you can prep ahead of time this would be the one. I don’t think you would have any issues making the sauce ahead of time and refrigerating it until you cook the chicken. That would cut your cooking time in the evening down significantly as all you would have to do is cook the chicken and heat the sauce up. I highly suggest you try making this for your next family meal! Pair it with some cooked veggies or mashed potatoes for a more filling meal! If you try this Chicken Meuniere, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
For more recipe reviews: CLICK HERE. xoxo-Kayla
Chicken Meuniere with Tomato and Parsley Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Flour For the bowl mix
- 1/2 tsp Salt For the bowl mix
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Chicken cutlets 4 oz pounded to 1/4 inch thick is recommended
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 4 Plum Tomatoes Seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives quartered
- 2 tbsp Capers Rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Large Lemon Grated zest
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil and butter
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper and season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Take chicken and dredge in flour mixture
- Shake off excess flour mixture. Place cutlets in skillet for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm (I place in microwave to keep warm)
- In the same pan add olive oil, tomatoes, olives, capers, wine and lemon zest. Scrape any brown bits from bottom and mix in the pan. (You may need to drain pan beforehand so its not too runny) Cook for 3-4 minutes until tomatoes soften. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken and serve warm.